RAW FUDGE – THAT JULIE MAKES.
What you will need:
- A winning smile.
- A kitchen.
- A skimpy frock.
What you will really need.
- Several Dates. Not on Match.com or plentyoffish.com or hunkyhunks.com, but the pitted chewy Midjool ones. A teacup full will do.
- A cupful of Tahini – NOT Tahiti (which is a Pacific Island and difficult to get into a cup) Organic Tahini with no added crap – emulsifiers, preservatives, paint stripper etc.
- Coconut Oil – Two tablespoons. Careful how you shin up the tree.
- Sea Salt – Any sea will do.
- Sesame Seeds or Decimated Coconut to Decorate. Do NOT use White or Gloss Emulsion, unless you are really, really pissed.
HOW TO MAKE THE FUDGE
- Line a baking tin (about 11cm x 17cm) or 12 x 18 inches in proper measurements.
- Put the dates, tahini (NOT Tahiti), coconut oil and 1/8th of a teaspoon of salt flakes into a food processor and blend to a thick paste.
- Put the mixture into the baking tin and spread and smooth down with a spatula, or something similar.
- Decorate the top with either slices of dates, sesame seeds or your decimated coconut.
- Freeze for 15 mins or chill in the fridge till firm, about 30 mins. That is the fudge and NOT you.
- Slice into squares. Store in the fridge or freezer.
- Eat chilled, from frozen is OK.
Just how easy is that ??